Many Blessings to My Praise Notes Friends!
As we begin this holiday season, I’m blessed to share with you a new monthly series highlighting some key notes and graphics from my women’s events. In the months ahead, my prayer for you is that you’ll be greatly uplifted in spirit and strengthened in your faith. Be blessed and Be encouraged today!
In Christ always,
Carole (2 Cor. 10:31)
Part 1 ~ Creating a Legacy of Gratitude
Leaving a legacy is a choice and a great opportunity for all of us! The dictionary describes legacy as “something that is or may be inherited”. Are you thinking money? That could be a first thought for many of us. But, do you remember what Peter said to the beggar in Acts 3:6? “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth” Peter showed us how to leave an eternal legacy that brings honor to God.
As we approach Thanksgiving Day, a time when we reflect on all of our blessings, consider with gratitude the “giving” we can offer back to God.
Here are some practical ways for creating a legacy that will make a lasting difference in our world:
- Be extravagant with love and kindness. Look for ways each day to share with others Christ’s love that has been lavished upon you.
- Take time to listen to a sales clerk when she wants to share something on her heart. Your listening ear and empathy will help her get through the day.
- On garbage day, take an older neighbor’s garbage bin out to the curb or bring it back.
- Let a hurting person talk your ear off on the phone, just to let them know you’re there for them.
- If you’re alone, reach out to another person who’s alone.You won’t be alone anymore. Besides, with Jesus, you’re never alone.
Do the best that you can with your talents and resources. Others will be inspired to follow your example of showing gratitude to God for all He has done for us.
THOUGHTS TO PONDER:
- What things or attitudes are you going to leave behind you to be a follower of Jesus?
- What will be your best defense to stand against current cultural influences?
- Serving the Lord is a choice. Does everyone in your household honor and serve the Lord? If not, what changes need to happen?
Joshua raised a large stone as a witness of the covenant made by Israel to God. Consider putting up something that reminds you of a promise you made to God.
May God richly bless you as you create your legacy of gratitude!