|I remember, as a kid, looking forward to a certain date so I could ask someone: |
Question: What day of the year is a command? Answer: March 4th!
|Now, as an adult and a follower of Jesus, I’m seriously considering this command, not only on March 4th but throughout this coming year! Are you with me?|
I thought I’d check the dictionary for a fresh look at the word ‘march‘ to see how it applies to us today.
* to walk with regular and measured tread, as soldiers on parade
* advance in step in an organized body
* to walk in a stately, deliberate manner
* to go forward; advance; proceed
Walking with regular and measured tread means to keep steady, be consistent, and continue on. As the body of believers, we have the benefit of supporting each other and deliberately marching forward together.
What can we learn from Old Testament marchers?
2 Chronicles 20:15-17 15 …This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow march down against them. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you
Joshua 6:7 7 And he (Joshua) ordered the army, “Advance! March around the city, with an armed guard going ahead of the ark of the Lord.” Hebrews 11:30 confirms! By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.
Isaiah 42:13 The Lord will march out like a champion, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies.
From the Song of Deborah – Judges 5:21 and 31 21 … March on, my soul; be strong! 31 “So may all your enemies perish, Lord! But may all who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength.”
|So, for our days ahead, here is what marching forth can look like.|
* Step out in faith to help those around us
* Share our faith with others as the Holy Spirit guides us
* Support community, state, and national leaders who march on for Jesus
* Get involved in ministries at home and abroad
* Be consistent prayer warriors
Here are some thoughts to consider:
1. Have you asked the Lord for your ‘marching orders’ for 2022? What are they?
2. What kind of helps give you the courage to go forward, advance, proceed in the name of Jesus?
Today and throughout the coming days, we can take to heart that the battle is the Lord’s. Our sovereign King goes before us and the victory is His!
God bless you and
MARCH FORTH IN JESUS’ NAME!